Each Year the IDEA League offers the students of its five partner universities over 180 monthly grants for a short-term research exchange. In general, these grants are awarded based on academic merit.
- The grants are made available to IDEA League students who want to do a short-term research stay at an IDEA League partner university.
- For example, the experimental part of a thesis would fall under this category.
- The grant is awarded by the sending IDEA League university on a competitive basis.
- Bachelor, Master and PhD students are eligible.
- The grant will be up to 1000 Euro per month.
- Research exchanges from 2 weeks to 6 month are covered, with strong preference given to short-time periods.
Find information about the application procedures at
RWTH Aachen University
How can I apply?
Students should contact their supervisor and find a project related to the areas of the research networks on Energy, Environment, Health, ICT or Mobility. The contact with an academic at the chosen IDEA League partner university must be made via the student’s supervisor. Please read the student grant ambassador.
How can I find more information?
The offices at TU Delft, ETH Zurich, RWTH Aachen and ParisTech will provide more, detailed information on the application procedures. Students who have received the grant in the past share their experience in their testimonials.
For more information, see the poster.